Mission and Ethos
Vision and aims of Sandy Lane Primary School – why we do what we do
PRIDE in all we do.
Sandy Lane is a nurturing and inclusive community with a safe, happy and inspirational environment.
Our children become caring and responsible local, national and global individuals.
We develop ambitious and inspirational learners, who fulfil their academic and personal potential and take pride in their achievements.
Our vision is embodied within our 5 core values:
- Positive – We believe we can and face any failures
- Respectful – We respect everyone
- Inclusive – We judge people by size of their heart
- Driven – We never, ever give up
- Excellent – We do the little things right to get the big things right
The Sandy Lane team are completely committed to providing our children with a curriculum that inspires and motivates them. We aim to ensure that learning experiences are challenging for all in order to develop resilience as well as knowledge. In addition, we put a strong emphasis on an unerring positive ethos and an expectation of staff and all children living out the values of the school through their everyday behaviours and actions.