Just a SMALL preview of our Reception Adventures!
Open Days for Prospective Reception Parents (September 2023)
We would like to welcome you to attend our open days prior to selecting a primary school for your child. We have open days on the following dates 9:00 am - 10:30 am:
Please contact Miss Pateman by email at email@example.com to book a space.
We would LOVE your child to join our Reception classes at the start of your Sandy Lane Primary School journey. We are very proud of our school - it's a place where your child will flourish and reach their full potential.
All of our primary school admissions are managed by the School Admission Team at Bracknell Forest. Please contact them on 01344 354023 - lines are open until 12:00 pm - or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will provide you with the relevant advice and information regarding the process of applying for a school place for your child.
As well as promising that you will become a welcome part of our Sandy Lane Primary School family, we can offer you:
- Extensive indoor and outdoor facilities which are used all year round.
- Lots of wonderful resources - including IT equipment -to pique and develop your child's interests.
- Many experiences/visits in which your child will take part.
- FUN - the best way to learn.
- Brilliant, experienced, supportive staff who will ensure your child gets the attention and support they need.
- An amazing, multi-cultural community who are welcomed into and involved with our school.
- Opportunities for you to spend time with your child in their class seeing what they get up to.
- Excellent results - Top 10% of schools in Bracknell Forest and Top 20% in England.
- Breakfast and After School provision.
Applying for a Reception School Place for September 2023
If your child was born on or between the 01 September 2018 – 31 August 2019 then your child is eligible for primary school.
For further information visit www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/applyforprimary
The admissions process closes 15 January 2023. Please ensure you apply on-time.
Bracknell Forest Residents only. If you are not a Bracknell Forest resident then you can still apply for a school place at the school however, you must apply for this school place through your home local authority.
Consultation on the proposed Sandy Lane Primary School admission arrangements for entry in September 2024/25
In accordance with the School Admissions Code 2021, the Greenshaw Learning Trust is currently consulting on the admission arrangements for Sandy Lane Primary School for entry in September 2024/25.
The consultation will be held between Wednesday 9 November and Wednesday 21 December 2022.
The main changes to the admission arrangements are:
- Inclusion of a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) for all exceptional social and medical application.
- Alignment of the order of priorities within the admission arrangements to mirror all other Greenshaw Learning Trust schools.
- Amendment of the criteria definitions in line with all Greenshaw Learning Trust schools
Please click here to view the proposed admission arrangements and Supplementary Information Forms.
Responses must be received by the Wednesday 21 December 2022 and should be sent by post or email to;
Head of Admissions
The Greenshaw Learning Trust