Parents evening meetings have been scheduled to take place on Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th March 2021 between 3:30 pm and 6:00 pm. The meetings will be booked online via a new website called Parents Booking and then held by video meeting rather than in-person at the school.
- To make your appointments please login at parents-booking.co.uk/sandylaneps
- To login you will need to enter:
- Your first name, surname and email address.
- Your child’s first name, surname and date of birth - the login details you enter must match those we have on record for you.
- Appointments will be available to book from 4:00 pm on Monday 22nd March until 12:00 pm on Monday 29th March or Tuesday 30th
- After you have made your appointments you can choose to print or e-mail a confirmation.
- On the day of your appointments, you need to re-login at the website address above. 10mins before your appointments are due to begin you will be able to join the video meeting room, where you can wait for your appointment(s).
Video Meeting Information for Parents
1) Login and make your appointments as normal
2) On the day of the parents’ evening, login to Parents Booking just like before. This time there will be a “join Video Meetings” button if you are within 15 mins of your first appointment, which you need to click, to join your video meetings. These appointments will exactly match what has been pre-booked.
Participants must have a web cam and microphone, and can test these at any time in advance of the video meeting. We suggest also using Chrome on a PC/laptop/Android smartphone/tablets. We recommend using Safari on an iPhone/iPad. Below is the official browser and device compatibility:
You must use one of the below device and internet browser combinations for the video meeting technology to work:
- Apple iPhone/iPad (must be iOS 11+): Safari (New: Chrome looks to be supported with iOS 14.3)
- Android phone/tablet: Chrome or Firefox
- Linux computer: Chrome or Firefox
- Microsoft Surface: Chrome or Firefox
- Mac computer: Safari (version 11+), Chrome or Firefox
- Windows computer: Chrome, Firefox or Edge (but only the new Edge Chromium, not the old Edge)
To prevent errors connecting to the video meetings, we also recommend:
- Updating your internet browser to the latest version.
- Updating your Android / iOS software to the latest version.
- B. Apple iOS 14.3 had a bug that caused some audio distortion in video meetings.
- Make sure to close Teams, Zoom or any other software/apps which might have some measure of 'control' over your webcam/microphone before joining video meetings in Parents Booking.
If you see a grey screen, where there should be a video of the other participant, during the time when your meeting should be taking place, this means your device/computer cannot 'connect' to the video meeting server. We recommend trying on a different internet connection (e.g.3G/4G instead of Wi-Fi) to see if this makes a difference, and also trying a different internet browser or even a different device if required.
3) If you are early and click the “Join Video Appointment” button, you will be shown a “Meeting Not Started Yet” message, until the instant your appointment is due to begin.
4) When the time of your first appointment starts, and provided the teacher is also ready for the meeting, your meeting will start. Before you can talk, you will need to provide permission to your internet browser to use its microphone and webcam. You will be asked for permission by your internet browser, and then shown a ‘pop-up’ that asks which microphone, and then which webcam, you want to use. Press ‘Allow’ and ‘Apply’ for all of these.
N.B#1. Your browser should remember these settings, however Safari on iPad/iPhone does not seem to.
N.B#2: If you need to reset your hardware choices, click the ‘Video Settings’ button near the countdown timer.
5) Once you have provided permission to the microphone and webcam, your video meeting will start.
6) Appointments follow on automatically. Your schedule is shown at the bottom of the page. Once one appointment has finished the next will start instantly, and you do not need to change web page.
- If you cannot login or are unable to book appointments at home, please contact the main school office on 01344 423896 or email email@example.com
- The email address field entered is only used to send your appointment confirmation. If you have problems logging in, it will not be because of the e-mail address you entered.
- “Cannot access your device due to a hardware error”
This means the webcam/mic are not ‘available’ for your internet browser to use. If you’ve recently had a Teams/Zoom meeting, make sure these are closed (even try a CTRL+AT+Delete to close them, or a computer restart). You may need to try a different computer/smartphone/tablet if you can’t find the cause to this error.
- “The user did not give permission to access your media”
This often means the internet browser is blocking access to the webcam. Look at your internet browser’s web address bar and check if the video symbol is ‘blocked’. If it is, unblock and refresh the web page.