We were recently inspected by Ofsted in February 2020 and Sandy Lane is a GOOD school in all areas
What our parents and pupils said:
'The school is at the heart of the community and the community is at the heart of the school'
'We come from different places but we're all the same inside'
'PRIDE - we're like a pride of lions. We belong together'
Report can be found here: 10122200 - Sandy Lane Primary School -133619 - Final PDF.pdf
THE REPORT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Pupils are proud to be part of Sandy Lane Primary
- Teachers have high expectations of behaviour and learning
- Pupils have good attitudes to learning
- Pupils behave well during lessons and around the school - they are always polite and friendly
- Pupils feel safe in school
- Pupils enjoy a wide range of activities outside of their lessons.
- Leaders know what is important to make sure that what pupils learn builds on what they already know
- Reading sits at the heart of the curriculum
- Pupils enjoy sharing books with each other and adults
- Teachers' consistently high expectations for pupils' behaviour ensure that good conduct is a feature of lessons across the school
- Leaders prioritise pupils' personal development and share the school's values regularly
- Pupils enjoy being house captains, on Eco Council and 'German Ambassadors'
- Leaders have built strong relationships with families including running workshops for parents to support their children
- Leaders have high expectations for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- Pupils get off to a good start in early years.
- Early years leaders have built an ambitious curriculum that develops a love of learning ensuring all children, including those with SEND, are engaged, excited and eager to learn.
- Children achieve well and are well prepared for future learning
- Saefguarding is effective with secure processes and a strong culture of safeguarding.
Click here to access ParentView to give feedback on our school
Historic - We are delighted to be able to share our report from our recent HMI (Ofsted) Monitoring (Nov 2018). Visit here: HMI Sandy Lane Primary School 133619 final pdf