SANDY LANE SCHOOL ASSOCIATION
Welcome to Sandy Lane School Association!
The SLSA have two main aims which we work hard to achieve throughout the school year - to fund raise for the added extras which enrich the school lives of the children who attend the school and to host events which bring the school community together, providing parents with an opportunity to meet and have fun.
The SLSA works closely with the school to understand where they need support and have raised funds to improve the outdoor equipment for our older children, as well as many other smaller purchases. For example we have purchased books for the school and allocated funds for year groups to spend to enhance their already wonderful provision.
We aim to run a variety of events throughout the year including the Christmas and Summer fairs. We welcome new ideas and are always in need of help, however big or small. We don’t just need your time - you can help us from the comfort of your own home in a variety of ways:
- Buy your parent approved labels through www.stikins.co.uk and use our code 17485. Great for labelling everything from uniform to water bottles.
- Shop online through www.easyfundraising.org.uk , choose our school as your charity and they will give us a percentage of every purchase you make for free.
- By using smile at Amazon, you can do all your usual shopping and raise funds for the school at the same time. Follow the link smile.amazon.co.uk and select Sandy Lane School Association as your chosen charity - use this link to shop going forward.
- You can support the school and potentially win a prize by buying a ticket through these websites. Just search for Sandy Lane School Association. https://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/sandy-lane-school or https://www.bracknellforestlottery.co.uk/
Every parent of the children attending Sandy Lane Primary School is a member of our Parent Teacher Association and has a say in how we raise money and what we raise money for, so why not come along to a meeting or join our Facebook group to find out more about us?
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook* – Sandy Lane School Association
Twitter – @SandyLaneSLSA
The Sandy Lane School Association Annual General Meeting has been scheduled as follows:
MONDAY 22nd MARCH at 8.00 pm via Zoom Meeting
All parents, carers and members of staff are welcome and encouraged to attend. At the meeting we will be sharing results from the last school year, including finances, activities and the plan for the next academic year.
At the A.G.M. each year we appoint the Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary and members of the PTA for the coming school year.
If you are interested in putting your name forward for any of these posts, please email SLSA@sandylanebracknell.com, indicating which position you would like to nominate yourself for:
- Elected Member - we require a number of members
Any nominations for elected positions must be completed prior to the A.G.M., so please email or hand in your nomination by Thursday 18th March 2021.
Please come along to see what we do and how you can get involved. The Zoom link will be sent out nearer the time.
*Unfortunately, only those parents of children currently attending Sandy Lane Primary School will be admitted to our closed Facebook group.